Saturday, August 17, 2013

Gumbling and Groaning



I am still trying to figure out why I dislike Laundromats so much.  I had to go to one today and it puts me in such a sour mood. 

There were three machines available when I arrived.  I would have preferred four but they were pretty large so all of my laundry did fit.  There were a few old men hanging out and I was really glad when none of them wanted to have a conversation with me.  Once I had everything loaded I went in search of a place to hang out. 

We are at an “RV Resort” so the Laundromat is next to the pool – again.  But this time it was early in the day and no one was there so I found myself a shady picnic bench and settled in with my book.

Next thing I know the place is filling up with old people in swimsuits….not a pleasant sight even if I am one of them.  They were all there for pool exercise and soon the CD player was leading them in movement.  It was distracting.  And the dogs in the dog run were barking and the people taking group tennis lessons were bouncing balls all over the place.

Now normally these things wouldn’t have bothered me but I get irritable when at a Laundromat.  So, I went back inside to await the dryers to finish.  (It had been necessary to crowd all of my laundry into 2 dryers because all those old men were using the rest of the machines).

I began folding on one of the two tables and then one of the old men started folding on my table.  Irritating again.

Finally I finished and got home with over a week’s worth of clothes and towels to deal with.  I put on some nice music and am calming now.  Thanks for listening to me whine!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Suzie! I enjoyed this very much!! Unfortunately Dale and I had to visit the laundromat in Mt. Pleasant yesterday, as our washer did not survive our move!! We don't realize how lucky we are to have a working laundry inside our homes, until we don't have it anymore!! Sounds like you are having a wonderful adventure traveling our good 'ol USA! xxx~ Linda

    ReplyDelete