Monday, March 31, 2014

Back to the Laundromat

All winter long I had my very own washing machine and dryer.  And I LOVED them.  I used them all the time and everything was always clean.  Just before we left our winter home I washed everything I could think of to wash.  But 8 days have gone by, we are looking at staying at campgrounds with no laundry facilities for the next couple of weeks so when we arrived at the RV park today I decided I would check out the laundry and maybe do a load or so.
The bathrooms were nice too.  Private and all tile!
Kirby helped me carry my two loads over to the RV park laundry. It was nice.  It was clean and it was cheap.  Only $1.25 to wash and $1.25 to dry.  And it was not crowded and there were two machines ready for me.  We got them washing and went back to the rig and I set the timer....heaven forbid I forget to go back and switch them to the dryer!

Twenty-five minutes later I was on my way to put all of it in the dryers.  But, when I got there, two of the three dryers were in use.  (there were 4 washers and 3 dryers).  But they were finishing up. There was a very nice man in there doing his laundry.  He had 2 of the dryers and one of his loads was finishing.  I got excited!  I put my first load into the empty dryer and then waited for him to get his out of his dryer so I could load up the remainder of my wash.  He was talking to me all the time.  Where are we from, what kind of rig do we have, etc.  And at the same time, he had ONE sheet out on the folding table and was making sure there were NO wrinkles in it.  NONE!  He was making me crazy.  Just fold the dang thing, OK?  He just kept smoothing it out.  Finally he began to slowly fold it.  I was getting almost excited....he was finally getting it finished.  But then I saw him move to the dryer.  He had more in there....sheets and towels.  I knew he was going to be doing this smoothing thing for quite some time yet.  Finally I couldn't stand it any longer and asked if he could take it all out so I could use it.  He did.  I was happy!  Life can be good at the laundromat!  I am back in the swing of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment