Sunday, December 16, 2012

Week 1

First time in over five years.  I didn't want to go but I did it anyway.  I left the RV at about 6:30 AM on Sunday and drove all the way past little rows of RV's to the campground laundromat.  Dark.  Foggy. Quiet.  No one out but me. 

This little laundromat has only 4 washers (much smaller than the ones I had last week at my home) and 2 big dryers.  It was pretty clean and there were lots and lots of magazines with stories and pictures of movie stars I have never heard of and don't care if I ever hear of. 

I only had 3 loads to do - $1.50 each wash.  Not bad.  I got the machines filling with water and stared out at the dark surroundings.  It was still foggy and quiet so I picked up my Kindle and went back to my story.  There must be good water pressure because they filled fast and were done before I knew it. 

Now, how to get the wet clothes from the washer all the way over to the dryer without dropping some and getting them dirty again!  I managed.  It is the small successes in life that make for a good day!

The dryers were 25 cents for 6 minutes.  Six minutes is not much time! I just kept feeding in my quarters.  I also found out that some of our quarters don't weigh enough to trigger the machines.  They are not recognized and get shot right back out.  Cheap money!

Today was a first of many more laundromat visits and hopefully in many new places.  It really didn't hurt at all and was all done in not too much time.

Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh the perils of the laundromats. we should write a book. Theres a good one here at Waterside and since Steve and I are the only ones present it's like my own only far away!

    ReplyDelete